RF (Radio Frequency) Skin Tightening is a non invasive treatment to target loose and sagging skin through heat. The heating caused by Fractional RF encourages the collagen fibres in the skin to contract whilst stimulating the production of new collagen and elastin and smooths the contours of the skin.
What to expect from Radio Frequency
The key benefits of undergoing RF body skin tightening are both physical and emotional benefits to consider.
On the physical side, body skin tightening treatments help your skin look and feel smoother, softer and more sculpted. It can also tighten the skin for a more youthful appearance, reducing the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles. The treatment can also:
- Firms & tightens the skin
- Reduces fine lines & wrinkles
- Stimulates collagen & elastin
- Improves the skin’s texture & tone
- Treats the skin on the face or body
On the emotional side, RF skin tightening for the body can give you back your confidence. When you feel good about how you look, it shows in your attitude and in your interactions with others. You may find yourself smiling more, and enjoying life more overall.
How does it work?
RF Skin Tightening works by gradually heating the dermal and subdermal tissue to tighten and re-contour both superficially and volumetrically. Collagen fibres contract and multiply which firms and improves sagging skin and smoothes away unsightly cellulite. Connective tissue contracts to improve skin’s contour, texture and shape. Finally circulation is improved which improves redness and overall volume. One to three inches can be reduced after 3-6 treatments, with excellent long-term results.
Our therapist will precisely heat an area of the inner layer of your skin using radio frequency technology. As the dermis is heated, a natural reaction occurs that promotes the creation of new collagen, while simultaneously releasing toxins in the fat and draining retained fluids. This gives your skin back its smoothness, shape and elasticity with no anethesia or long recovery time.
How long do Radio Frequency sessions last?
Since the procedure is customized according to an individual’s needs, it might take longer for some than others. However, from the very first treatment, collagen fibres are contracted, giving an instant firmer and more toned appearance. Normally a course of 6 sessions is advised to achieve and maintain optimal results. Each session is around 30 to 45 minutes. The body takes some time to produce collagen, so the full benefits of RF may take some time (anywhere from 4-12 weeks) to show.
RF Skin Tightening is ideal for:
- Postpartum (Post Pregnancy) – RF Body Skin Tightening is very effective in repairing and restoring skins’ loss of elasticity, especially on the stomach area. RF Body Skin Tightening can tighten loose skin post pregnancy, without having to worry about any pain, scarring or downtime.
- Suitable for mature and ageing skin that has lost elasticity over the years and requires a deeper and stronger tightening solution.
- In some cases, RF Body Skin Tightening can be a great option for those clients who are looking to tighten and firm the skin post weight-loss.
- RF Body Skin Tightening treatments can also be incorporated into some of our cellulite reduction treatments to help rebuild and repair the skin’s structure.
Contraindications include clients who have significant amounts of redundant skin as they will not see the desired results.
Clients with Rosacea are not suitable for treatment as the additional inflammation from the RF treatment will exacerbate the rosacea.
Other contraindications include:
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- History of cancer unless approved by your GP
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Use of immunosuppressants
- Active sores or skin disorders in the area
- Wait 3-4 weeks after having Botox or other injectables
Package with 4 sessions is €300